Buffered Vitamin C, a powerful antioxidant formula, non-acid vitamin C source: important for cell protection, supporting healthy immune and brain function, manufacturing of collagen, iron and vitamin E absorption*
This formula is gently buffered and is a great alternative for persons that may experience stomach irritation with ascorbicacid. Calcium ascorbate is a non-acidic source of vitamin C. In 1936, Albert Szent-Gyorgi discovered that vitamin C works better in combination with other nutrients, such as bioflavonoids. In other words, he found evidence to support the fact that vitamin C should be con-sidered a complex rather than a single nutrient, much like the vitamin B complex. Bioflavonoids are essential for total Vitamin C effectiveness. This formula contains lemon bioflavonoids, rutin and hesperidin, these bioflavonoids assist Vitamin C in keeping collagen healthy, are essential for proper absorption of Vitamin C. Therefore, bioflavonoids improve and prolong the function of Vitamin C. The body cannot make bioflavo-noids, they must be obtained through the diet or nutritional supplements.*
Research on Vitamin C Indicates may:*
- Support healthy immune function
- Support healthy histamine response
- Be essential for the production of collagen
- Support healthy brain function
- Be powerful antioxidant
- Be important for gum health
- Aid in absorption of vitamin E
- Support healthy cardiovascular function
- Increase iron absorption
BIOFLAVONOIDS (LEMON BIOFLAVONOIDS, RUTIN, HESPERIDIN)
Bioflavonoids are water-soluble plant pigments. They are naturally occurring chemical compounds that are important to maintaining optimal health. A scientist named Albert Szent-Gyorgi who called them "vitamin P" discovered them in 1936. Since then, over 4000 bioflavonoids have been identified and scientists believe that many more will be discovered in the future. The term bioflavonoid refers to many different ingredients and includes hesperidin, citrus biofalvonoids, rutin, quercetin, to mention a few. They perform a wide range of functions, for example: they protect capillaries, and provide support for a number of other biological functions. Most importantly, bioflavonoids enhance the effects of Vitamin C by improving absorption and protecting it from oxidation. Conversely, bioflavonoids work best when given with Vitamin C.
To summarize, as a group with other polyphenols, flavonoids have been linked to many health benefits as a result of their antioxidant properties.*
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Servings per Container: 60
|Amount per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Vitamin C (as Calcium Ascorbate)||500 mg||833%|
|Bioflavonoid Complex||40 mg||**|
** Daily Value has not been established.
Other Ingredients: Rice Powder, Magnesium Stearate, Cellulose
Contains NO milk, egg, fish, shellfish, tree nut, wheat, soy, artificial colors, flavors, or preservatives.
Take 1 capsule, one to three times daily with meals.
- If you are pregnant or lactating consult a health care practitioner prior to taking bioflavonoids.
- Large doses of Vitamin C may interfere with the body's absorption of copper and selenium
- Persons with kidney stones, kidney disease or hemochromatosis should not exceed 500 mg per day and should consult a health care practitioner prior to using Vitamin C containing products
- As always, consult a health care practitioner before taking supplements, especially if you have a medical or psychiatric condition, or are pregnant or lactating.