A very important mineral and often overlooked.
Research Indicates that Magnesium:*
- May support healthy cardiovascular function
- Helps convert carbohydrates, proteins and fats into energy
- Balances and regulates metabolism of calcium, potassium and sodium
- Required for normal muscular function
- Helps thin the blood, relaxes blood vessels, and lessen the risk of heart attack
- May assist in lowering cholesterol levels
- Necessary for healthy bone and tooth growth
- Involved in the transmission of nerve impulses and muscle contractions
- May support respiratory health
What is Magnesium?
Magnesium is essential for hundreds of chemical reactions in the body. It functions as a coenzyme (participating in over 300 enzymatic reactions!) for proper function of nerves and muscles, formation of bones and energy metabolism. It also may help support healthy blood pressure levels and healthy cholesterol levels. Magnesium works synergistically with calcium by supporting its absorption and may increase bone density as well. In fact, the body stores 60% of its magnesium in the bones, 26% is in the muscle tissues and the remaining magnesium is stored in the soft tissues of the body. Magnesium helps the body to utilize vitamins B6, C, and E. The U.S. Department of Agriculture estimates that 75 percent of Americans do not get an adequate supply of magnesium via their diet. *
Magesium can also be found in Supplement Spot's Healthy Bones and our Calcium Complex.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Servings per Container: 100
|Amount per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Vitamin C (as ascorbyl palmitate)||4 mg||7%|
|Magnesium (as magnesium oxide, citrate, succinate, TRAACS® magnesium lysyl glycinate chelate)||500 mg||125%|
Other ingredients: vegetable cellulose (capsule), microcrystalline cellulose, medium chain triglycerides, silica, citric acid.
Take one (1) capsule one to three times daily with or without food, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner.
If taken in high doses, magnesium may have a laxative effect. If this occurs, divide dosing, reduce intake, or discontinue product.