Avoid the Holiday Blues
During the next 60 days, most of us will be traveling to family or friend’s homes to celebrate the Holidays. Many are traveling across the country by train or plane. These things are certain; we will be eating more, sleeping less, encountering large groups of people, and have more stress in our lives.
As we travel we also expose ourselves to germs and bacteria that our system may not be familiar with. Perhaps grandma does not keep her house a clean as she once did. The good news is there are many things you can do to help your immune system during the holiday rush.
• Drink plenty of water every day. Water helps to flush your system.
• Wash your hands at least three times a day.
• Stay warm.
• Cold temperatures can cause serious health problems, especially in infants and older adults. Stay dry, and dress warmly in several layers.
• Brush your teeth daily. A clean mouth enables your immune system to focus less on fighting your own bacteria, and more on fighting the viruses in the air.
• Try to get a good night’s sleep.
• Exercise daily, even if it is a walk with friends. Daily exercise will help your immune system by circulating your blood.
• Reduce smoking and drinking.
• Drink Herbal tea. The benefits of tea can vary from brew to brew, but many teas have immune system boosting properties and can reduce irritation.
How supplements may help your immune system
Maximum Beta Glucan, Maximum Beta Glucan is a natural immunity-enhancing product that keeps cholesterol levels in the healthy range. Since the 1940s researchers have investigated the nutritional benefits of Beta Glucan. Derived from broken cell walls of yeast, mushrooms, barley and oats, Beta Glucans are capable of maintaining healthy amounts of serum cholesterol and boosting the immune system.
Click here to learn more
Vitamin C may boost your immune system and help you start feeling healthy again. There’s much evidence to suggest that taking high doses of C may help shorten the time you’re sick by a day or so.
Review Benefits of Vitamin C- here
Click here to view one our vitamin C products
Zinc may also be a good support for healthy immune function. Some experts tell us that zinc can shorten a cold by as much as 40%. Source; Cardiff University’s Common Cold Centre.
Click here to view one our Zinc products
Digestive Enzyme ComplexD may help support a healthy digestion system. We all usually eat more food and the wrong kinds of food during the holiday.
Click here to view one our digestive products
B-Complex Vitamins The B family of vitamins plays an active role in virtually every aspect of life, and is of considerable importance for anyone who lacks energy during the hustle and bustle of the busy holiday season.
Lower Stress for Holiday Travelers
The holiday is filled with stress, especially during travel times. Give your body some support with Adrenal Boost™. Adaptogenic herbs including wild yam root, licorice, Schisandra Chinensis , and Eleutherococcus senticosus neutralize the effects of stressors, helping your body systems maintain balance.