There have been many studies that have proven the link between Retinol and healthy skin. The retinoid family comprises vitamin A (retinol) and its natural derivatives. Vitamin A can be very effective in diminishing sign of aging in most people. Retinols can help resurface the skin. “Retinoids are amazing multitaskers. By acting directly on the DNA in skin cells, they boost the many cell functions that tend to slow down once we hit 30,” says Alexiades-Armenakas, Ph.D., a New York City–based dermatologist. “For one thing, retinoids increase cell turnover, so the skin is continually sloughing off damaged cells and healthy skin is always what you see on top.”
According to another study by Dr. Voorhees and his colleagues at Michigan (Dr. John J. Voorhees, the chairman of the dermatology department at the medical school of the University of Michigan.) Retinol -A users saw improvements in skin textures and diminished wrinkles. Retinol also can have the potential to stop photoaging before it starts according to Dr. Voorhees. Link to article
What Retinol May Do For You
• Treats acne and warts.
• Experts tell us it can start to work in little as four to eight weeks.
• Smoothes out wrinkles.
• Vitamin A is also an important ingredient that is needed by our immune systems.
• Retinoids can slow the growth of skin cells in patients with psoriasis. Usually, you apply a small dab to each sore once a day before bed.
How to Protect Your Skin
• Wear sunscreen, preferably with a sun protection factor (SPF) of 30 or higher.
• Limit exposure to sun.
• Always follow your doctor’s instructions.
• It is also a good idea to use skin moisturizer along with retinoid.
There Are Many Good Products on the Market Today
• Advanced Retinol A Cream is a richly textured and quickly absorbed elegant face and body cream that works continuously to give you firmer, smoother and healthier skin.
• Benzo T is an innovative acne treatment created by pharmacist Greg Matthews. You can read more about Greg on our Supplement Spot Advisory Board page. Greg created Benzo T with specific customers in mind. It worked so well, we decided to introduce it to the world.
• Our unique gel formula delivers Retinol A in a 99.9% water-based gel formula, leaving practically nothing on your skin but the active Retinol A
Use with caution, do not use retinoid if you are pregnant or breast-feeding. In some cases, use may cause a rash. Retinol is now in many skin care products and a good rule of thumb is never buy a product with an SPF number and retinol in its list of ingredients, the two do not make a good combination.