Having good heart health begins with understanding how your life choices affect your overall health. This can be particularly true when it comes to dealing with high cholesterol. Everyone should have a basic understanding of the kinds of cholesterol. Nearly 2,200 Americans die of cardiovascular disease daily, with an average of one death occurring every 40 seconds. Cholesterol is always a hot topic, with millions of dollars spent on medication to lower LDL ("bad cholesterol") and raise HDL ("good cholesterol"). There are many facts associated with cholesterol that everyone needs to know.
- Total cholesterol–a measure of the total amount of cholesterol in your blood, including low-density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol and high-density lipoprotein (HDL) cholesterol.
- LDL (bad) cholesterol– is the main source of cholesterol buildup and blockage in the arteries
- HDL (good) cholesterol–HDL helps remove cholesterol from your arteries
- Triglycerides–another form of fat in your blood that can raise your risk for heart disease
Source: NIH Medline Plus
Many risk factors can contribute to high cholesterol levels:
- Having high blood pressure
- Drug use
- Family history
- Diet, weight, and physical activity
Supplements may offer some benefits that may assist your cholesterol levels:
Supplement Spot's Healthy Cholesterol - is a finely tuned formula of herbal extracts to help maintain healthy cholesterol levels. Purchasing these supplements individually (that are already in our improved formula) would be tedious and expensive. Healthy Cholesterol makes supplementation simple for your cholesterol health.
Maximum Beta Glucan - Maximum Beta Glucan is a natural immunity-enhancing product that keeps cholesterol levels in the healthy range. Since the 1940s researchers have investigated the nutritional benefits of Beta Glucan. Derived from broken cell walls of yeast, mushrooms, barley and oats, Beta Glucans are capable of maintaining healthy amounts of serum cholesterol and boosting the immune system.
Cholesterol Essentials - Red yeast rice was described in an ancient Chinese list of foods as useful for supporting blood circulation and proper cholesterol health.
Lowering cholesterol levels; click here
Foods that help lower cholesterol; click here